The Dodge City Area Chamber of Commerce plays a vital role in the business community of being an advocate and leader for business interests in the southwest Kansas region.
It is important for Dodge City to speak with one voice when advocating for issues that impact our community. The Business Advocacy committee of the Dodge City Area Chamber of Commerce provides direction and leadership when advocating at the local, state, and federal levels on behalf of the business community.
- Identify, recruit and select, with approval from the Chamber President and Chamber Board, committee members to serve on the Business Advocacy committee.
- Annually establish a Legislative Policies and Positions document to submit to the Chamber Board of Directors for approval. This document should include three local, three State, and three Federal issues/platforms.
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislature and advocate on behalf of the Dodge City business community as needed.
- Attend and advocate at legislative events – Southwest Kansas Night in Topeka, Dodge City Night in Topeka, Southwest Kansas Washington, D.C. delegation trip
- Host legislative updates and candidate forums
- Draft a Legislative Policies and Positions document each year
- Attend City/County/School/College commission and board meetings as needed to advocate for the business community
- Conduct quarterly calls with Federal legislators and/or staffers
- Establish a better relationship with the Kansas and US Chambers of Commerce
For more information on becoming a member of the Business Advocacy committee, please contact Karla Lees at (620) 227-3119 or firstname.lastname@example.org